HOW WILL I GET MY PHOTOS FROM YOU?
Technology is a wonderful thing! For fast delivery I upload everything to a private online gallery. You can easily download them from there, as well as share with friends.
If you're not tech-savvy you can request a USB.
Your gallery will only be accessible with a password. This makes it easy for you to share your wedding album with people who will want to have copies as well. Your gallery stays active for 60 days. This gives you plenty of time to download everything and help mom and dad to do the same.
Privacy Disclaimer: You are the only one who will receive the login information from me. Once you forward that on to others, the privacy of your wedding photos is out of my hands and becomes your responsibility. If you have given access to someone accidentally, send me an email asap and I will create a new password.
SHOULD I TIP?
Tips are always welcome and appreciated if you are happy with our service and results. However, they're not expected. I appreciate your business.
WHAT'S THE FASTEST WAY TO GET A HOLD OF YOU?
E-mail, or text. If you have an emergency or change that you need to let me know of immediately, I will be able to read your message even if I can't take your call. If I don't reply immediately, don't despair. I'm not ignoring you. I'm probably in the middle of a shoot or meeting or in a poor or no reception area. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER - CAN WE MEET?
Yay for technology! We can set up a Skype video call.
WHAT TO WEAR? WHAT NOT TO WEAR?
Let's start with what not to wear. Do not come to your session dressed in a couple's uniform. Please. Unless you're both part of a sports team and you have an actual uniform.
You're all individuals. Embrace it.
So let's break it down.
- Avoid greens right next to the face, no matter what your complexion. Even if it's your very, very favourite shirt or scarf. It casts a hue on your face that will make you and anyone standing next to you look like you have the flu. Not even my magical Photoshop skills will be able to save you then.
- Avoid large prints, busy patterns or really crazy colour combinations (purple and yellow for example). Even if they suit you really well.
- Gentlemen, I know they are comfortable. But don't wear your runners or gym shoes. You don't need dress shoes if that's not your style. Skate shoes, cool sandals, loafers. In short, anything that are not runners. If you ONLY have runners, then don't wear them with slacks or shorts. Stick to jeans.
- If you`re trying to make it work but it`s not working for you, change. If you`re not feeling comfortable, it`s not going to get any better and your discomfort will show in your pictures. That goes for hair and make-up too, not just clothes.
- Come as yourself. I can`t stress this enough. If you`re a suit and tie man, a high heels and high fashion kind of girl, then by all means go all out. But if you`re the casual type then don`t overdo it. Look through the engagement gallery for ideas. All those beautiful people did it right. If you`re the casual type, think nice date night attire.
- Coordinate. For example, if one wears a mocha colour and one wears blue, that looks great together. But if one wears lavender and the other wears red, not so much.
-If you both really all love black, then just make sure they are not matching t-shirts. Try to have the styles be as different as possible. Ladies, break it up with a scarf or jewellery, maybe a nice belt.
- I love the neutrals, with a pop of colour if you wish. Add colour with jewellery, accessories, shoes.
- Shoes make the outfit. Ladies, if you have great heels that you want to wear but we will be in a field or uneven terrain, then wear slip-ons or flip flops, and bring your heels with you. Once you`re in position, you can easily change.
- Dress weather appropriate. No need to get frost bite or heat stroke.
If you`re not sure and want my opinion, send me a picture.
DOES MY ONLINE REVIEW REALLY MATTER?
I do my best to go above and beyond for every client. If you have worked with me you know this. But others don't know this, so yes, your review matters very much.
If you weren't referred then you likely found me by doing an online search and looked to see what was written about me.
Every one of my clients has had a look at my reviews before contacting me. I have been remiss in asking for clients to write reviews, but if you are happy with my service, I would really appreciate you taking a few minutes to give an honest review. You can review me on Google, Bing Places, and Wedding Wire.
To leave me a great review on Google, just search fotogratopia.
Click here to review me on Wedding Wire.
Thank you in advance!
SHE'S REALLY SUGGESTING WE DO AN ENGAGEMENT SESSION?
"Ugh. Why does the photographer want us to do an engagement session?" you want to know. Because you want to look amazing in your wedding photos. That's why, in a nutshell.
I saw a marked difference in the wedding photos I was getting from couples who did an engagement session, and those who didn't. You can't redo your wedding day because you don't like your photos.
Besides, if you're anti engagement session, it's probably safe to say that you're uncomfortable in front of the camera and these will be your first official family photos. So just do it. Besides, the packages include an engagement session.
DOES IT MATTER WHERE I GET MY PRINTS DONE?
YES!!! You invested in photography, so don't skimp out on what you will be putting up on permanent display.
If you want professional quality prints, canvases, photo books, or metal prints you can order them directly from your online gallery once your pictures are uploaded.
WHAT DOES YOUR EDITING ENTAIL?
First of all, let me just say that Photoshop is not a magic wand.
Many people are surprised by how much time and effort goes into a well edited session. Especially wedding photos. Every photo gets colour corrected, and lighting is adjusted. But many of the photos in your digital album require more. Dark under eye circles? Not anymore! Gum on the pavement? Vanished! Distracting fly-away hair? Fixed. Random photo-bombers ruining the scenery? Removed. Gown just a little unflattering at certain angles? Let's just fix that. Let me show you a couple of examples.
My editing is detailed, and the goal is to make your photos look clean and natural. And doing so while keeping everything looking natural and untouched is quite a grueling process.
Sometimes we want a certain look, and the background is perfect but a little yucky. How about I just give you a visual? How many differences can you spot?
DO YOU OFFER PHOTO BOOKS AND THANK YOU CARDS?
Absolutely! Beautiful, quality products with inks that won't fade.
You can order them directly from your online gallery once your pictures are uploaded.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MY PHOTOS BACK?
Sneak peeks go up on the blog within a week of your wedding. The sneak peeks will provide you with an entire snapshot of they day and hold you over until you get the rest of you photos.
You will get your photos in 3-6 weeks.
If I am particularly backlogged with editing, I will tell you up front.
Photographer FAQs page - Fotogratopia